NOMINATIONS ARE OPEN FOR THE GLOBAL IN-HOUSE TEAM OF THE YEAR
***NOMINATIONS DEADLINE: Monday 7 January 2019***
- Review the Global in-house team of the year category criteria on the categories page, as well as the Rules & Guidelines for Entry (below).
- Download the entry form for Global in-house team of the year from the category page and complete offline
- Return to this website to access the online nomination process and make your submission
Eligibility: This category is open to in-house teams across Continental Europe, or nominations from private practice lawyers based in the UK, US or Continental EuropeActivities which entries are based on must have taken place between October 2017 and present.
Enquiries: If you are interested in entering but are concerned about completing your entry in time, please contact Emma Claggett ASAP to discuss how we can help.
Please note that any information marked as confidential on any entry materials will be treated as for judges’ eyes only and will not be published.
We suggest that you highlight in red any sections of the form that we may not share outside of the judging panel. Please ensure that any such key is clearly explained on the form itself.
Please note that by agreeing to judge, all our judges are bound by our confidentiality agreement, which can be found here: click here to download.
Entry Fee/s: The entry fee is £230 + VAT per entry.
Payment Method: Payments will be accepted by Debit/Credit Cards only.
Credit card payments are taken through our online secure payment portal at the end of the entry process and a VAT receipt for credit card payments will be emailed shortly after the transaction has gone through. PLEASE NOTE we cannot issue invoices for card payments.
Withdrawal of Entry/ies: Any entry may be withdrawn for any reason up until 23:59hrs on Friday 23 November 2018 upon written request to the organisers; however the entry fee is non-refundable.
Refunds: Once submitted, entries are confirmed and non-refundable.
RULES & GUIDELINES FOR ENTRY
In order for your entry to be considered, please adhere to the following rules and general guidelines for entry:
- The Lawyer European Awards are open to law firms based across Continental Europe and, in some cases, to UK and US headquartered firms and in-house legal teams.
Please see individual category criteria for details of who is eligible to enter which category.
- Unless stated otherwise in category criteria, entries can be made independently, or as joint submissions.
- Please see category criteria for specific geographical restrictions.
- The awards are judging performance from 1 October 2017 to the present day; this means that the bulk of work contained within the entry must have been carried out within this time period (please note it is not essential that a project or case has both launched and closed within this time period).
- The judging panel reserves the right to move entries from one category to another if they feel it is more appropriate. However, they cannot be expected to routinely re-categorise incorrectly entered projects. The judges' decision is final
- For transactional categories, firms may enter more than one deal into the same category.
- Joint entries from more than one firm are permitted into the transactional categories only.
- Sponsors are not permitted to enter any category that they are sponsoring.
- All entries must be submitted by the entry deadline, as specified above. Entries will not be considered fully submitted until the entrant proceeds to the final stage and submits their entry. A confirmation email will be received once complete.
- Entries may be edited up until the point of 'submission'.
3. FORMAT OF ENTRY:
- Each entry must take the form requested; this will be a specific entry form so please make sure you download the form for the correct category. In all cases, the judges are looking for concise written submissions and your entry should cover as many of the listed criteria as possible.
- Please keep the total word count of your entry to 1,500 words (unless otherwise stated on the template); we will allow a discretionary limit of 10% over this amount but no more. Please note that the judging panel reserves the right to penalise entries exceeding the word limit.
- All submissions must be made online. Please do not send in any supporting material.
- Please note that any information marked as confidential on any entry materials will be treated as for judges’ eyes only and will not be published.
- We suggest that you highlight in red any sections of the form that we may not share outside of the judging panel. Please ensure that any such key is clearly explained on the form itself.
- Please note that by agreeing to judge, all our judges are bound by our confidentiality agreement, which can be found here: click here to download.
- The Lawyer may choose to publish a selection of winning and shortlisted entries editorially, or use for other business or marketing purposes as an example of best practice. We will exclude any material marked as confidential or ‘Judges’ eyes only’.
5. INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY YOU:
- All entrants must supply all details as requested in the online form for a main point of contact we can approach should the entry require any further clarification.
- In the event that your entry is shortlisted, all entry form details e.g. Entry title/Name of deal as completed in the online entry process will be used on Awards collateral (e.g. Website, Awards graphics, Awards Supplement, and in the event that your entry wins, on the trophy). Copy will adhere to the magazine’s house style e.g. Ltds, PLCs, LLPs etc will be removed.
- Please ensure that the information submitted is accurate and the correct companies are credited as appropriate. We accept no responsibility for any incorrectly submitted information.
- When entries are submitted on behalf of clients or another third party, approval is assumed. If any issues arise concerning approval once the entry has been submitted, no refund will be given.
- If nominating a third party, please provide as much information as possible. Contact details for the nominee are mandatory.
By entering The Lawyer European Awards (and if shortlisted for one of our selected categories), you agree that a representative from your firm / company will attend a roundtable related to your category.
Queries regarding entering should be addressed to Emma Claggett on +44 (0)20 7943 8132 or firstname.lastname@example.org